This is a sponsored post; however it reflects my own opinions
How to Add Adventure to the New Year
Embracing a sense of adventure is an excellent resolution as you head into the new year.
When you think of adventures what initially comes to mind; skydiving from a rickety prop plane, or scaling down the face of a mountain exposed to the harshest elements, maybe it is more along the lines of eating something you have never tried or visiting a destination which requires a passport and an open mind. Whatever your notions of adventure are, it is defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary as, “an undertaking usually involving danger and unknown risks.” An adventure does not necessarily need to include a grandiose gesture or bold statement. It can be something small; it may require no physical action from you at all, to classify as an adventure it just needs to be unknown to you. You need to put yourself outside of your comfort zone. When was the last time you did something risky? When was the last time you tried something daring?
In the new year you will likely have a list of resolutions or goals you hope to accomplish within the forthcoming months, why not add a little adventure to your list? In addition to dropping the weight from the holidays, organizing your closet, and finally getting around to cutting out smoking; you can also add some excitement in 2018.
We know adding adventure to your future can be a little scary so we have helped you out with some easy-to-implement ideas for how to add adventure to the new year.
- Explore a New Place. You do not need to travel to the other side of the world to experience the richness of an unexplored location, try being a tourist in your own city and discover all the treasures you have overlooked.
- Try a New Restaurant. Take your taste buds on a journey to a different time and location by visiting a new restaurant. Try some Phở at a Vietnamese restaurant or perhaps visit a Turkish bakery for Kaymaklı kayısı (dried apricots cooked in a sugar syrup and then stuffed with buffalo milk and rolled in ground pistachios).
Phở is a traditional rice noodle soup which is garnished with fresh herbs and sauces to customize to a specific, personal taste.
- Take up a Hobby. You are never too old to discover a passion. If you enjoy writing maybe you can start a blog, or if you are a creative type giving canvas painting or photography a spin. Cooking classes, cake decorating groups, intramural recreational sports teams, and even book clubs are great ways to discover life’s hidden joys and a new potential hobby.
- Talk to Strangers. Next time you are standing in line at the grocery store, smile at the strangers around you and strike up a conversation. For those of you who may be shy this will certainly get you out of your comfort zone. Regardless of whether or not you are at ease speaking to others, you will likely discover and learn to appreciate the diversity of the people around you.
- Discover a Different Way of Doing Everyday Things. Look at the world through a new, refreshed set of eyes and try to revitalize some of your old mannerisms. You can change some of the simplest things in your life, from the way you do your laundry and your meal planning style to how you organize your lipsticks or even by updating your workflow in the office. It is all about exploring and adventuring into an unknown without abandon, even if you have to take baby steps.
Making small changes to add adventure to your life is simultaneously exciting and scary. One technology company based out of Atlanta, Georgia will help you take a positive step forward in 2018. When you do decide to take the plunge and rejuvenate your mundane workflow, Steelray can help. Steelray developed the Microsoft Project Viewer which pairs with Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (Microsoft PPM) to provide a cutting-edge project management software suite. The software combination is the industry-leading solution, utilized by companies such as Nike, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Deloitte, and Nokia.
The Steelray Microsoft Project Viewer expands the capabilities of Microsoft PPM and some other project management software solutions like Microsoft Project 98 through Project 2016, Excel, Primavera .XER, and UN/CEFACT XML files. It gives users more printing options, significantly more on-screen viewing capabilities, and a centralized search bar. When you decide to step out of your comfort zone and implement a new project management software, you will be able to streamline your team’s budgets and schedules, and you will be more efficiently manage large-scale projects. Overall, it will be a positive change for you and for everyone you work with on large projects.
How do you plan on embracing adventure in 2018?