Its that time of year again, the kids are heading back to school and for most of us busy moms that means very early mornings and hectic schedules.we all know how hard it is to get kids out the door and on time. We also know how important it is for kids to have a hearty breakfast before school to help start their day off right. It can be challenging to make a health protein-pack breakfast on those busy school mornings. We have partnered again with Produce for Kids, to share their Make-Ahead Freezable Breakfast Burritos recipe perfect for busy school mornings.
Here’s what you’ll need
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 16 ounces lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small RealSweet® Vidalia® onion, finely chopped
- 1 large SUNSET® Campari® tomato, finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 14 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Heat 1 tsp. Oil in nonstick skillet over medium meat.
Add sausage and cook 5-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Reduce your heat to medium. Add 1 tsp. Oil, Add in the peppers and onions and cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Scramble eggs and pepper in large bowl. Add to pan and cook 3-4 minutes,
- Remove from heat and mix in sausage and cheese. Let cool.
- Fill tortillas with ½ cup egg mixture, roll into a burrito and lay seam-side-down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze 1 hour, transfer to freezer-safe zip top bag and return to freezer.
To reheat burritos, Simply remove from freezer, wrap in paper towel and microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes.
My family gave this recipe 2 thumbs! Click here to view the full recipe and nutritional value.
Did you know that 13 million children in the US struggle with hunger? In addition to continuing to educating families on the many benefits of healthy eating and providing delicious healthy and quick recipes. Produce for Kids cares deeply about our local community and feeding the hungry right here on the Gulf Coast. They have partnered with Associated Wholesale Grocer (AWG) to support Feeding America® food banks.
You can give back to children in food insecure homes by supporting the brands with the Produce for Kids signage at any of these local AWG stores in the produce department through the end of 2018.
Ramezy cash savor