Happy November! With the holidays quickly approaching I thought now would be a great time to share another kid-friendly recipe for those upcoming Holiday parties. We have partnered with Products for Kids once again to bring a fun spin to your lasagna by adding some Mexican flavors! This Mexican Lasagna recipe is great for feeding a crowd without a lot of work.
Mexican Lasagna Recipe:
Servings 8 Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 30minutes
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 RealSweet® sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 6 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1 package DOLE® Chipotle & Cheddar chopped salad kit
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, peppers, onion, and taco seasoning. Cook 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked. Stir in corn and remove from heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. enchilada sauce to the bottom of the 8×11-inch baking dish. Place 2 tortillas over enchilada sauce, overlapping each other.
- Add ½ of ground beef mixture on top. Top with ½ cup cheese. Top with 2 more tortillas, then remainder of the meat and ½ cup cheese.
- Add the last 2 tortillas, then pour enchilada sauce over top to cover. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
- Top with sliced avocado and green onion. Serve alongside prepared salad kit.
You can find all the Nutritional Value of this recipe and more healthy recipes at produceforkids.com.
Produce for Kids is fully committed to educating families on the many benefits of healthy
eating and providing delicious healthy, and quick recipes.
Produce for Kids has teamed up with the following grocery stores in the Gulf Coast area to support local Feeding America® food banks.
How you can help
Look for Produce for Kids signage in the produce department to support the participating brands giving back to your local food banks.
● Eat Smart® Bagged Vegetables & Salads
● Sage Fruit® Apples, Pears & Cherries
● RealSweet® Sweet Onions
You can get more information and find more delicious, healthy and quick recipes, over on Produce for Kids website.
Thanks for Hanging out with us!