It’s being to look alike like Christmas!
Hi, Thanks for stopping by to hang out with us. With the Holidays right around the corner. we are super excited to work with Produce for Kids to share their twist on the classic scalloped potatoes side dish recipe to help lighten up your Holiday menu.
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Apples
This sweet and savory recipe may become a new family favorite
Recipe and photography provided Produce for Kids.
Here’s What you Need
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium Chelan Fresh or Sage Fruit apples, cored, chopped
- 1 large RealSweet Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Toss sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, toss apples, onion, flour and lemon juice.
- Spread half of sweet potatoes in single layer in baking dish. Top with apples and onions. Arrange remaining sweet potatoes on top in overlapping pattern.
- Mix cream and stock. Pour over sweet potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Increase heat to 425F and remove foil. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned on top.
You can find all the Nutritional Facts and more great recipes at produceforkids.com
Produce for Kids
Produce for Kids is fully committed to educating families on the many benefits of healthy eating and providing delicious healthy and quick recipes. Produce for Kids cares deeply about our local community and feeding the hungry right here on the Gulf Coast. They have partnered with Associated Wholesale Grocer (AWG) to support Feeding America® food banks.
Ramezy cash savor
You can get more information and find more delicious, healthy and quick recipes, over on Produce for Kids website.