Earth Day is a time to celebrate our beautiful planet and show our appreciation for everything it provides. This year, instead of just talking about how important it is to protect the environment, why not take some actions to make a difference? Here are 10 Earth Day activities that you can take part in to show your support for a healthy planet.
“This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission from purchases made at no extra cost to you. Your support is invaluable in helping me continue providing free content on this site & I really appreciate It!” SEE FULL DISCLOSURE HERE“
10 Earth Day Activities
- Plant a Tree – One of the best ways to celebrate Earth Day is to plant a tree. It’s a great way to reduce carbon footprint and help fight against climate change. You can plant it in your backyard or join a community tree-planting event.
- Start a Compost – Composting is an excellent way to reduce household waste and create nutrient-rich soil for your plants. It also reduces the amount of methane gas emitted from landfills.
- Go Plastic-Free – Single-use plastics are a major contributor to pollution, so try to reduce your use of plastic. Bring your reusable bags, bottles and containers with you when you’re out and about.
- Reduce Water Usage – Do your part to conserve water by taking shorter showers or fixing leaks around your home. You can also install low-flow showerheads and toilets.
- Buy Local – By purchasing locally grown produce and products, you support both the environment and your community. Local products don’t require long-haul transportation and therefore reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Start a Garden – Growing your own fruits and vegetables is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment while also enjoying fresh, healthy produce.
- Clean Up Your Neighborhood – Participate in a neighborhood cleanup event or simply pick up any trash you see in your local park or along your street.
- Drive Less – Whether it’s walking, biking, or taking public transportation, there are many ways to reduce your reliance on cars.
- Volunteer for Eco-Friendly Organizations – Volunteer for organizations that help protect the environment, such as Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, or the Nature Conservancy. You can attend their events or donate to support their cause.
- Educate Others – Teach your family, friends, and coworkers about the importance of taking action to protect the environment.
Show your support for a healthy planet by taking part in these Earth Day activities. To make Earth Day even more fun, download our free Earth Day coloring and activity book printable. It features coloring pages, word search, crossword puzzle, mazes and more. You can print multiple copies and share them with friends and family.
How to Print and Assemble Your Coloring Book
Download the PDF file
Start by printing the front cover of your book on cardstock or photo paper.
Next, print out the inside pages on white copy paper.
Make sure to select “double-sided printing” in your print settings.
To do this, you’ll need to use a printer that supports double-sided printing. (Most newer printers do.)
-Fold each page in half
-Then staple the pages together and start coloring!
These also make great gifts for friends and family, too.
Extra Materials needed
Let’s work together to make every day Earth Day!
PIN & SHARE THIS FREEBIE WITH OTHERS WITH THIS IMAGE